Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recovering

Took the day off from school today due to an illness I seem to have contracted on Saturday night. It seemed like I recovered from it on Monday but after a couple days it came back with full force. Symptoms included: stuffy/runny nose, congestion, slight fever, body/muscle aches, and on-and-off dizziness. Sounds like influenza to me, and hopefully not H1N1...otherwise I'm toast! Not likely, though. Anyway, I literally didn't do anything today...nothing productive, at least. Mostly slept (which was awesome, minus the trouble breathing part), watched TV, surfed the web, and ate. At least I'm recovering now, and I'd say I'm close to 65% better than I was yesterday. Pretty impressive from one day of rest, imo.

All the while I've just been missing Michelle, and with all the spare time I had today I really couldn't think of anything (or anyone) else. It's hard not seeing her for weeks at a time, especially because of how close we've become over the years (2.5 on Sunday to be exact). But I accept it because I have a feeling we'll be there for each other when school is finished, when we've started out in the working world, and it will be great...that's just one of the things that keeps me motivated. Regardless, I miss her like crazy! If I wasn't sick, I would visit her at work tomorrow all the way at Humber College. A solid two-hour (one-way) commute on the local transit, just to spend time with her during her lunch hour. She makes me happy enough to make me want to travel for 4 hours just to see her for 1; another thing that keeps me motivated. And the most believable part about it is that...she's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment