Friday, September 18, 2009

nostalgia

So I just got into a nostalgic mood, thinking about things from my past that I miss. In no particular order, here they are:
  • playing organized basketball.
    • It has been a while since I've actually played organized basketball with a competitive team. Let me get one thing straight, NYPAA2 sucked balls. I hated playing on that team. It's hard to win when four of the five guys on the floor want to be all-stars. 
  • living in Scarborough
    • what can I say? these were the glory days. I can sum up all of my days here in Richmond Hill and they still wouldn't have added up to a week in Scarborough...on John Tabor. Florence kids biking around and just making anything possible. I could have sworn we once had ambitions of building a go-kart ...
  • the friends I left behind
    • friends are a big part of my life; always have been and always will. Chilling and John, Julz, Francis, Jeff, JR (yep, him too), Jay, Mel, Criz ... and then later Camille, Paulo, Carlo, Sam ... always fun times. Well, not so much Sam since I still see her ... but she made the list anyway
This isn't without saying that my life right now is great. I'm in a good school preparing myself for a great profession, the best family anyone could ever ask for, an amazing girlfriend whom I'm very serious about and plan to be with for a very long time ... but even having everything going for you doesn't mean you forget about your past. I know I won't.

BTW, just wanted to wish my sweetheart a happy 29 month anniversary. I love you, Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment