Monday, September 14, 2009

when your 'truth' ends up a lie ...

So I went and checked out my livejournal account yesterday, safe to say it still exists and everything I've ever written is still there. Coming back to it after more than two years is really refreshing, I got to see how I was and what things were important to me way back when PS2's were still the "must-have" game console. I also got to see my old writing style! I really can't believe how many punctuations I used and how out of place they were! Commas galore, improper use of the semi-colon, among other writing mistakes. No wonder I didn't do well in english in high school!

Beside the fact that I had complete disdain for my writing style, I found something out about myself...something I didn't notice when I was writing the posts: I was blind. When I used to write about myself, I really only touched on things like foosball, playing the guitar, and love, well ... whatever I thought love was at the time. I remember my feelings as I was writing those entries as if it was yesterday; lust, for the most part. I was graduating high school, recently got my drivers license, had great friends and a wonderful girlfriend. I was completely blinded by the fact that there were so many good things going for me that I wasn't able to realize any truths behind the things I loved most. That high school: prepared me for college material but not the work ethic; what's a drivers license without insurance, my parents were trying to pay off debt; great friends that completely lost touch the summer after graduation; the girlfriend who liked me but deep down only took me as a rebound. Do you act like all that is in the past and it doesn't matter anymore, or do you reconstruct your future using the things you now know? Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment